The Lassen Award is presented by the International Society for Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism to recognize an outstanding scientific contribution made by a young scientist. The recipient is selected by the Program Committee based on an abstract submitted for presentation at the biennial meeting of the Society.
The Niels Lassen Award will consist of:
• a bursary to partially defray the expense of attending the meeting
• an award ceremony prior to the abstract presentation
• a certificate of recognition
• $ 1,500 cash prize
To be eligible for the Lassen Award, you must be a member of the Society as well as the primary author of an abstract submitted for presentation at the BRAIN & BRAIN PET 2019 and belong to one of the following two groups:
Student ECI – Students who are enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate, professional degree, or medical specialty program (e.g., bachelors, masters or PhD student; graduate student; medical student; neurology, neurosurgery or anesthesia resident or trainee; etc.)
Scholar ECI – Scholars with PhD, MD or equivalent degree who have been in a research training program for less than 5 years since obtaining their last degree (e.g., research fellow; postdoctoral associate; postdoctoral fellow; etc.)
The recipient of the Niels Lassen Award will be selected by the Program Committee of the Society based upon:
• an indication on the abstract form that the primary author is eligible for the award
• exceptional quality of the submitted abstract, generally determined by receiving the highest score of all abstracts submitted by eligible members
How to apply
In order to complete the award application you will first need to submit an abstract to BRAIN & BRAIN PET 2019.
- 1. Please submit your abstract through the BRAIN & BRAIN PET 2019 Abstract Submission System.
- 2. After abstract submission, you will receive a submission confirmation e-mail with your Abstract ID and password.
- 3. To complete your award application, please access your abstract page with your ID and password after October 1st 2018, and upload all materials in PDF format.
- a CV of the primary author
- a letter of recommendation from your mentor/supervisor
- an appropriate proof of your status (e.g., certificate of enrollment, letter from a supervisor or department director, confirmation of two sponsoring society members)
- the ISCBFM membership confirmation
Management Secretariat, BRAIN & BRAIN PET 2019
c/o Congress Corporation
Kohsai-kaikan Bldg., 5-1 Kojimachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8481, Japan
TEL: +81-3-5216-5318 FAX: +81-3-5216-5552